Scott listens (and now I listen) to a podcast, the Long Shot Podcast. He had sent in a story about a squirrel. One of the guys on the show is a huge squirrel fan. They read his story! He heard it at work so when I got home we were going to listen together. Before he started the podcast he told me about a guy on it named Jamie Flam. He said that Jamie reminded him of me. His thoughts on life and such. He told me Jamie has this thing called Immaculata, said I should check it out. We listened. It was great. I checked out Immaculata. I FREAKED OUT cuz it was/is so awesome! An exciting night in our household. That's for sure. Scott got to hear people he thinks are great read his story, I found out about Immaculatizing. What a wonderful evening! That was July, this is Sep-TIMMMBER.
September is the anniversary of Jamie's first Immaculata. (You can read about it HERE.) So, he's doing it again! The 30 day plan.
I've set myself some goals for Sep-TIMMMMBER to Immaculatize myself. They are as follows:
• I'm going to order items from menus that I wouldn't normally order all month long. It sounds like an idiotic goal, but it will be hard for me as people that read this blog regularly are well aware of. I'm a weirdo about trying new foods. I never do it. I forced myself to learn to like green vegetables in my 20's. The world is passing me by with all it's new foods and I don't want to have to worry when I go to a new restaurant that I won't find anything I want to eat on the menu. I'm going to be food brave this month and hopefully that bravery will follow me to future months.
• Blog more. When I say, "I should blog about this." I am going to follow through and blog about it. (Look, I'm blogging about this!) My goal is more posts this month than last month.
• Start meditating every night. Right now I'm inconsistent with it. Everyday for Sep-Timmber to get my mind right.
• Write in my journal/grown-person diary 2-3 times a week.
• Make a conscience effort to worry less about being a social weirdo. I'm going to not be shy and immaculatize. If I say something idiotic no one will dwell on it as much as I dwell on it. (Reminder to myself.)
• Download and listen to Jamie on this Potato Salad thing. That should be completed this evening, before Sep-TIMMBER even gets here!
• Seek out more joy in life. On it, see above.
• Reread RuPaul's Guide for life, Workin' It. (I think everyone should read it.)
• And let's all reach nirvana together! SEP-TIMMMMBER!
(Side note: My friend Jill's daughter has rescued a baby squirrel! His name is Chance.)