Who reads old facebook notes? No one, that's who. Who reads this blog? At least a few people, so I thought I'd copy and paste my old facebook notes here. That's the part I liked about myspace. The little blog postings. Those were fun. Facebook notes just aren't the same. (I'm not asking to make myspace popular again. I'm just saying, I miss all those little blogs.)
Here is the super hard facebook thing that was going around for awhile. 25 random things about yourself. It was really hard to think of 25 things.
1. My nieces, Tori and Alyssa, are my two very favorite people in the world. Since being around them other kids seem to not hate me as much. I think somehow they have spread the word that I am one of the good ones. I no longer drive toddlers to tears for unknown reasons!
2. I have begun my quest to learn German. Thanks to Wayne and his access to Rosetta Stone software. Someone should send me off to Germany, please!
3. I am super awesome at Tetris. Like crazy good. I really don’t like playing other video games though.
4. My little pug Dink-E has gone deaf. That doesn’t stop me from talking at her.
5. I enjoy a good parade.
6. I really like baking. Cakes, cookies and junk like that. I am not one to improvise with recipes, I like to follow definite instructions.
7. I love ketchup a lot. Every now and then a restaurant will try to ketchup shame me so if I know I am going to a fancy establishment I will carry ketchup in my purse.
8. I don’t wear jeans. I don’t like the way the material feels on my skin. If people wouldn’t judge me for wearing the same outfit everyday I would do it. Clothes are stressful.
9. My friend Heath and I wrote and illustrated 2 books. They are brilliant and we are undiscovered geniuses.
10. I am very humble. Seriously. I may say I’m great over and over again but not nearly enough to compare with how great I really am.
11. There are only certain forks, spoons and glasses I will use. The other ones just don’t feel right.
12. If I am standing by my Mom people tell me I look just like my Mom, if I am standing by my Dad people tell me that I look exactly like my Dad.
13. I have recently started “harvesting” sea monkeys. I am not sure how I dealt with this as a child. The waiting to feed them, waiting for the water to purify, I can hardly stand it. Thus far they are thriving.
14. When I was in Girl Scouts we went to Camp Sacagawea, I didn’t pee all weekend and came home and was very sick. I didn’t want to use the pit toilets so instead I just held it and got myself sick. I quit Girl Scouts shortly thereafter. Also, they expected us to eat some gross kind of cereal at camp. Screw that.
15. Despite my Girl Scout experience I very much enjoy camping, canoeing and things of that ilk. My favorite places I have camped have been in Montana and Wyoming.
16. I despise cinnamon. I realize this somehow makes me un-American.
17. I picked out Tara’s middle name. (Nicole)
18. My brother’s (Will) birthday is the day before mine. He was born 3 years after me though. So we would have joint parties growing up. He couldn’t just wait it out in the uterus one more day so we could have the very same birthday. He's a brat like that. (Will's response to this was: I didn't come out a day early you were just a day late. and you always make fun of me for being late all the time. at least i was on time to my own birth!)
19. I am a member of the American Legion Auxiliary. Thanks Grandpa!
20. I rarely listen to music on the radio. If I’m not listening to a cd I’m listening to talk radio. So, my mom knows all the cool songs before I do. My habits work out ok though as I am officially a grown-up and don’t need to know the lyrics to all of Katy Perry’s top hits.
21. I read a lot of blogs. My favorites being dlisted and wonkette.
22. I can make a noise like a squirrel. It’s super impressive.
23. Recently I have taken up karaoke-ing the Humpty Dance.
24. I have seen Run DMC in concert twice. Both times with Fran.
25. Haven’t you people had enough?
And this was some sort of Inside the Actor's Studio thing. I don't know. Sometimes I just do as I'm told. I was tagged therefore I did it.
These ten (10) questions originally came from a French series, "Bouillon de Culture" hosted by Bernard Pivot. They're better known as the questions that James Lipton asks every guest at the "end of "Inside the Actor's Studio." You'll be amazed at how much they reveal about a person's thoughts, feelings and beliefs.
1. What is your favorite word? I can't narrow this down to a single word. So here is my plural answer: slut, twat, awesome, venereal disease
2. What is your least favorite word? The word "moist" is pretty much totally disgusting. (and of course "panty")
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? I agree with Heath, laughing.
4. What turns you off? Hardcore conservative Republicans. Especially ones that use phrases like, "if there is grass on the field, play ball" Also related, I don't care for sexist jerks.
5. What is your favorite curse word? Fuck
6. What sound or noise do you love? Dink-e snoring.
7. What sound or noise do you hate (dislike)? The british lady that tells me to "please enter my secret number" at the ATM.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Forensic Pathologist, TV Pitch Lady, History Major that doesn't have to be a teacher to make a living
9. What profession would you not like to do? Accountant
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I had no idea I was capable of creating someone so awesome. You are my masterpiece.